I’m a software developer with over ten years of experience. My work includes:
- Programs and debugging in C, C++, Java, and Python
- Surveillance inter-device communication (cameras, joysticks, video servers, etc.)
- Hardware/software interface initialization and configuration scripts
- Technical documentation
- Video server web interfacing
- Unit testing and test-driven development
- DevOps interface testing using Docker images
- REST API work
- Open source programming
As a freelancer, I won’t get complacent and just show up for a paycheck. I’ll be dedicated to solving your problem as fast and as well as possible.
I’ll keep you up-to-date on the status of the problem’s solution, and any blocking factors. I won’t “disappear”.
I recognize the importance of continuing education. I go to networking events and conferences to remain up-to-date on my skills and what is going on in the software field. I also understand the importance of having humility and recognizing that I could learn from a great deal of people, including people who have worked longer, people who have taken risks that I admire, and even brilliant software developers just out of college.
Many software developers struggle to document things. I enjoy explaining to others who are less technically inclined, or less familiar with the specific software, how things work. Sometimes that involves creating visual documentation, or testing my own documentation by observing others use it. Regardless, I’m willing to do what I can to make documentation that is easy for others to use and read.